Monday, May 31, 2010

Safta chan sent mail

Subject: Hi

Hey there. Thought I would send you a quick email to say hi and give u some pics.

We are starting our third day today going to stay in Kyoto or the next two nights. We ate opting for a western hotel tonight as we have stayed for two nights at Japanese style and needless to say the tatami mats are not as comfy as my heavenly bed!!

We ended up last night in a village, and when I say village I MEAN village!  7 houses and no English. Thank god for the iPhone bc I have an english to Japanese translator that types words in Japanese!!  So we goto this one place trying to tell them we were recommended to stay there and they say sorry closed but motion to another house where we go and the lady shows us to our tatami room!  I was a bit nervous bc no English and at some pt 6 Japanese college students show up who of course spoke engrish. All in all it was great but a bit dicey at first. So the lady of the house gives us a present for staying, I think oh how nice soup.  But no... After everyone takes a sip and passes the bowl to me... It is hot sake(not bad) with one of the cooked fish in it you see below. It also wasn't too bad but a bit funny as our exposure to Japanese food is the fairly tame raw stuff we eat at home! But the food is great and people are very nice and we r having a great time.

Love u
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment