Friday, June 4, 2010

Tokyo fish market





This is our last day of the trip. We started the day at 6am in the Tokyo Tsukiji fish market. I am sure lots of blogs write about this place. It's the second time I visit the market and just like 10 years ago, the first thing that struck me was the smell of sea as opposed to fish. We were late for the Tuna auction but still got view of the large yellow fins being distributed and processed. We maneuvered our way sjillfuly around the cazy motor trucks that zoof to and from the loading dicks. Tokyo gets it's fresh delivery of dish and sea food for the day.
I coul not name more then five items I have seen. The variety is stunning. Thousends of merchants, dealers and restaurant owners, choose their pick. An amazing culinary experience, but not for the faint of heart.
We ended the morning at a food stand on the edge of the market, with a KaisenDob, a fish sashimi sampler on a ball of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment